All this rainy, cold weather lately has been making me wish it were spring already. Mother Nature has been crazy. But let’s talk about how good this recipe is. Who doesn’t love lemon and blueberry together? This one tastes almost just like my lemon blueberry pancakes I’ve made in the past. Talk about a trip down memory lane. It’s so flavorful and really hits the spot. I made this recipe with Equip Foods Prime Plant in vanilla. It is 100% plant protein. But really any vanilla flavor plant based protein will do the trick.
Prime Plants Vegan Protein Powder | A Blend of Hemp Protein, Sacha Inchi Protein, Pea Protein and Pumpkin Protein | (Vanilla)
If you tried the recipe on my last blog Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Mug Cake you’re going to like this vegan, healthy, low calorie recipe. I’m not a vegan, but sure love eating this delicious treat!
Vegan Lemon Blueberry Protein Mug Cake
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1-3 min
1 tbs coconut flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ milk choice or water (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
¼ tsp lemon zest
2 tsp juiced lemon
Small handful of fresh blueberries
1. Grease mug with coconut oil spray (any cooking spray will do)
2. Combine dry ingredients in mug
3. Add wet ingredients with blueberries (save some for the topping!) and mix. Batter should be creamy. If needed, you can add more liquid.
4. Place in microwave and heat for 60 seconds or until center is done.
5. Top it off with some fresh blueberries.
6. Let it cool down a bit. Blueberries will be hot. Enjoy!
Side hacks: If you do not have a fresh lemon on hand, 1/4 tsp lemon extract will work just fine. Careful not to overload on it!
Nutrition Facts: 181 calories, 7.1 g fat, 18 g carbs, 17 g protein