If you’ve read my recent blog My Journey With Stomach Issues: Part One, I’m still blown away by this process.
I’ve never even heard of “leaky gut”. I mean, I really have but I thought it was where number two was “leaky”…right?
“Leaky Gut” is actually a condition some doctors may or may not tell you. You can go to their office and tell them the symptoms such as chronic stress, irritable bowl, mood swings, not getting enough sleep, etc.
“Here’s a Lexapro and Xanax ‘script, you seem down and really stressed. You also should be exercising, eating healthy and getting more sleep.”
But wait?….I do ALL of that. FYI: I never picked up those ‘scripts. I feel better when I eat healthy, I work out often, and I try to sleep through the night. Deep inside something STILL wasn’t right. For years I suffered and often hid my symptoms in fear of dumb people.
In my case, it’s not a full blown Leaky Gut. Symptoms still include:
- Chronic stress
- I have this constantly. Because of my disability. It’s quite hard to explain because it’s like trying to walk on water.
- Mood swings
- This often happens if I don’t eat healthy or workout.
- Joint pain
- I was diagnosed with Chondromalicia of my right patella.
- I constantly have neck issues from the way I do my job. My loupes save me from most of the work but sometimes you have to adjust the position to the needs of the patients.
- Headaches. I get them weekly. I am so sick of taking the NSIADS.
- I had this often. And still couldn’t sleep through the night.
- Digestive issues
- Again, constantly. Never normal. Even on healthy eating.
- Skin issues
- I’ve had eczema for as long as I can remember.
- Acne never really goes away.
- Food sensitivity
- I would always feel sick eating certain foods but never really knew what food was actually causing it. Was there something in my salad? Could it be that fish taco I ate?
Few weeks later, it’s all improved. And keeps improving.
- Don’t even need that MRI for my knee
- I sleep like a baby drunk on milk
- I’ve eliminated a lot of the food sensitivities from my diet, including whey and casein
- I have more energy and less brain fog.
The flush begins and to be continued… 🙂