My Monday night has turned boring. Definitely having Bachelor blues. I’m super happy for the new couple but more excited for the new Bachelorette! I can’t wait to hear my husband groan through it and laugh again. It’s quite enjoyable watching him suffer through a “chick flick”.
Okay enough of that. Can we talk about being a victim? Raise your hand if you’ve personally been victimized by Bourbon Street.
There’s nothing like that stench on every corner, green grenade drinks and voodoo daiquiri that reminds you of your grape cough syrup as a kid. Except with Everclear 190. Nonetheless, what a fun place. Definitely did not do any flashing of any kind to get my beads. Please don’t be stupid and flashing is not cool. Nobody wants to see something illegal.
With it being a St. Patrick’s day weekend, it was definitely a busy one. Packed. Long lines at your favorite restaurants and museums. Plenty of people watching and good times on their unstable wraparound porches.
Here are my favorites to enjoy.
- Cafe Du Monde – If you love fried donuts smothered in 5 feet of powdered sugar. But their coffee is TERRIBLE. Just get your favorite cafe’ somewhere else and wait in an hour long line with it.
- National WWII Museum – Non-history buffs not allowed.
- Parkway Bakery and Tavern – It’s been talked about with friends and it’s a local favorite so we knew we had to go. It was our first stop as soon as we checked in. Their Po’ Boys sandwiches are HEAVEN! Definitely not healthy at all. You know those fried oysters and all the fixings on the samwhich….hashtag drool. It was simply so good and I’m so glad we went on an empty stomach because their size smalls were HUGE! See what I did there?
- Cochon – This is a place I regret. By regret, I mean drinking green grenades and voodoo daiquiris that seem super easy to have that you end up losing your appetite by dinner reservation. Ahem. Let’s not go there again. It’s SO GOOD. I promise you coming from someone who could only stomach a salad.
- Big Pie Pizza – If your stomach needs to soak up the alcohol and make you feel better about being drunk, their pizza is da bomb! And big.
- Jackson Square – Cute park. On a nice day, grab your beignets and say a little prayer as you take a bite into it and hope the wind doesn’t blow powder on your face. Let alone inhale that shit.
- Oceana Grill – This place had a line out the door every time we walked by. Luckily, we were VIP and skipped the line for dinner. Just kidding. We ate there for rehearsal dinner. Do get their Cajun Jambalaya Pasta with rabbit and alligator sausage.
- Congo Square/Louis Armstrong Park – We went for a 3 mile morning jog and came upon this cute gem. The awning lights up at night if you don’t care for fitness.
Heed of warning and I’m just going to leave it right here. New Orleans will make you a sloppy bridesmaid.
Congratulations to the new Mr. And Mrs. Seraile!